Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Frustrations with InstallShield

I think I have a purpose to work towards for my next post or so. I have been working on a project using InstallShield and have learned some things. Some of them turned out harder than I thought they should be. So, I am going to write about some of my discoveries. I actually started typing them as my next post, but I realized they are going to take some time. So, I will post this "Post Of Intent" first and then post the others as I can.

The topics I have so far include creating a custom InstallShield dialog, discussing issues with conditionally installing web files, and an interesting glitch passing data to a .NET dll.

I suppose this information is available elsewhere, but as it says above, these posts are mostly for me.

No comments: