Tuesday, October 7, 2008

More Personal

My previous entries have been very technical. That's not bad, but it isn't all that I am. My sister started her blog at GatheringHolly which reminded me that I can put other stuff here too since my original intent was to post stuff about me.

So, after my incredibly exciting topics on work things, I thought maybe I could tone things down and talk about the weather. Why? Because winter is coming and I LOVE winter. This weekend it could snow (at least here in Colorado Springs). I love snow. I don't know why, but I have been this way as long as I can remember. I tend to attribute the attitude to the fact that I grew up on tropical islands without any snow as a young child, but I am not sure that is completely true. I just am not a fan of the heat. I don't like sweating and I am one of those people that sweat a lot. So, bring on the cold!

Also, snow is just cool. The landscape becomes something new when it all turns white. The commute becomes a challenge. The kids get excited because they might miss school. Humidity is up and noise is down.

I think that is it. It is just different. It is not the normal routine (at least here) and I like it when something knocks you out of the rut of normal routine.

1 comment:

Holly said...

We are expecting snow up in the hills, which means it will freeze at my house and I need to go pick the remaining tomatoes!